★走马灯★

Tuesday 8 March 2011

【My Excel's saviour】

OMG~~

When you see me saying this, it either means I'm shocked with what had happened in front of me, OR I'm surprised with what had happened in front of me.

Aha~this post is dedicated to a person who called himself Jrenter2 (gender= unknown) from United State.

The story went on in this way...

Two days ago, I faced a problem with my Microsoft Excel 2010 software as I was not able to open my excel files directly by double clicking it. But fascinatingly, I was able to open it within the excel page itself!! So, what's the problem???

Why I could't open it?? I kept on wondering while trying to search for possible solutions available in the Web.

Try imagine the situation by yourself, it's really frustrating when you kept on seeing windows popping up, telling you that the excel files you tried to open is not a valid win32 application.

What was that? What win32 application? SORRY, DUDE. NO IDEA!!!!!Arghhhh...

So, as a completely newbie to all the exe. Windows executable files, I decided to put my new notebook as the Guinea Pig to try out all the possible solutions...heart pounded like the bass drum beating faster and faster...as I key in all the commands, my brain started to play catch...how if the Windows hang out of the blue after I enter the commands?! How if all the information gone?! How if..how if....all these stuff suddenly came into my minds while I tried to figure the solution out.

'Stop that kind of thought, please!!' I told myself.

And there's it!!!My hero appeared!!!!

Jrenter2's solution WORKED after I followed all his instructions.
Oh yeah~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~=D

THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!THANK YOU SO~~~~ MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Hah!!Feel relieved now!!Phew~~


Can't open excel files directly.

To change file associations

1. Right-click a file with the extension whose association you want to change, and then click Open With.

2. In the Open With dialog box, click the program where you want the file to open, or click Browse to locate the program that you want.

3. Select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box.

** Note ** When you set up the association, make sure to "browse" to the excel.exe file in:

WIndows XP
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Excel.exe don't just hit Open with MS Excel.
Windows 7
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\Excel.exe don't just hit Open with MS Excel.

If the above don't work...you can try this:

Open Excel and go to: Tools/Options/General Tab, de-select the option "Ignore

other applications."

No comments:

Post a Comment